The attention span of the modern human is getting shorter and shorter. Whether you blame social media or xbox, the fact is that people are constantly searching out new things and finding it more and more difficult to focus their attention on the task at hand.
But focus is important. Without it, we can barely survive. And focus is essential to accomplishment and being successful at most things. You need to be able to focus your tiny caveman mind, even if its just so you can master a better cappuccino.
So you need to improve focus and concentration to achieve stuff and get the job done.
But how can you improve your concentration and focus your brain away from Instagram and videos of people falling off bikes? Luckily we have compiled a great guide below…And if that’s not enough you could get our free PDF guide on improving focus.
Lack of focus is usually due to procrastination so here is a list of things you can do to avoid procrastinating.
- Address WHAT needs to be done. To focus you need a clear cut goal of what needs to be done.
- Address WHY something needs to be done.
- Address WHEN something needs to be done.
Once you stop procrastinating you can follow these tips to get better focus:
- Build your concentration and focus up over time. Just like your arm muscles, the brain takes training and time to optimise.
- Try to concentrate on your inner focus by blocking out distractions. Its very difficult from most people to do this as we are used to flitting from one thing to another but in order to focus you must be able to block out distractions.
- Try to avoid becoming overwhelmed. Overwhelmed people by their very nature cannot focus on things as they are fleeting from job to job to job.
- Sleep better. More sleep will lead to better concentration.
- Stay healthy. A healthy diet and lifestyle means a healthy and organised mind.
- Reduce stress….We already know the immense benefits of reducing stress and better focus and concentration is one of those benefits.
Better focus is essential to improving your chances of success in life, but it is also essential to getting the most out of your mind. Without focus you will find all sorts of problems arising. Problems with memory and the general functioning of your mind.
Meditation and mindfulness are a great way to improve focus and concentration, they allow you to clear your mind of distraction and train your mind to focus.